We are working on putting together another amazing season of lessons! Come back mid-September to sign up! If you are not a member yet sign up now to get notification of when sign up opens!
SKIERS / SNOW BOARDERS
Continuing the SKIBACS tradition, we are pleased to offer you quality downhill skiing and snowboarding sessions starting in early January. Whether you are a “never-ever” or an expert, the SKIBACS School at the Summit at Snoqualmie will strive to meet your needs.
LESSON Prices and what’s included (and not included)
Our base multi-week prices start at $156 for our members and $206 for our guests. We continue to be one of the most competitive options you will find. Our staff is also one of the most experienced around. Although we have ‘fun’, we also take the ‘Professional’ in Professional Ski Instructor of America (PSIA) membership seriously. You will be coached in the latest standards in the sports (AASI for those of you on the snowboard side of things).
- SKIBACS standard group session (ski or snowboard, Youths* and Adult classes) consist of weekly two-hour and 15 minute classes for six consecutive weeks on Thursday evenings, Friday evenings, Saturday mornings, Sunday mornings, and Sunday afternoons.
* Youth group lessons start at age 7 yrs. old (born before 12/31/2014)
• Thursday night lessons! For people working a 4×10 schedule, Thursday nights are a great deal… and are adults only! Less crowded, so you can ski/board more. Some even say the weather is better on Thursdays.
- Returning! Jetsters! This year we will be bring back Jetsters. Small classes for small skiers. Average class size is 3 students. Limited to ages 6 and skill levels 3-6. Must be able to ride the chairlift on their own and link turns on green terrain. Member price is $220, guest price is $260.
- Parent & Me Lessons! For beginner ability levels 1-2 and ages 5 and 6. Bring your parent to join you in the lesson experience. One parent (only) is involved in the lesson by assisting their child during the lesson time. Great family time with average class sizes of 3 families per class. Member price is $220, guest price is $260.
- Saturday and Sunday afternoon Private Lessons options will be available. All Private Lessons are 2 hours and 15 minutes per lesson.
- Minimum age of student is 7 (or age 5 and 6 if parent is present to assist the child during the lesson). Must be able to ride the chairlift on their own. Otherwise, lesson must be with a parent/guardian.
- We will allow a guest to be add-on student to a private lesson where the primary student is a member. Base Rate is $150 for members. Add-on students are $25/per student (member or guest).
- Family Pack Household Private Lessons for 3 consecutive weeks for 2 hours and 15 minutes per lesson, with the same instructor and your family/household group of up to 5 people. If any participant is under the age of 7, one adult participant must be present to assist the child as needed during the lesson). Members only may sign up for this lesson product, but may include a guest in the lesson. Member price is $410.
- Due to COVID-19 the following programs are not being offered this season:
- Our adult workshops, Women’s Clinic and Sonic Boomers.
New due to COVID-19
- An Alpine 3-pack Household Group Lesson sessions will are available on Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 1:15-3:30 PM. (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this is limited to members of the same household – maximum of 5). Cost is $410 for our members. Guests are welcome to join an member household. Minimum age is 6 yrs old and must be able to ride the chairlift on their own. Otherwise, lesson must be with a parent/guardian.
- Alpine “Parent and Me” class structure – Instructor guided class and with the parent/guardian directly assisting their child. Students Age 5 and 6 who are Level 1, Beginner/Never been on skies, and Level 2 novice who has only been on the chair a couple times. This class will be offered on Friday evenings, Saturday mornings, Sunday mornings and Sunday afternoons. Parent is required to be on skies to accompany their child on the chair lift. Cost is $220 per child for our members. (Class size limited to (3) children per class).
- There are no Household nor Parent and Me snowboarding lessons for L1 and L2 this season.
- Household semi-private snowboarding lessons is for those L3 – L6 only!
Skiing and Snowboard Skill Level Chart
- This will help you determine the right class to sign up for based on your level of ability.
Day Tickets, Season Passes and Rentals
NOTE! Our prices are only for lessons, and they do not include lift ticket/season pass or equipment rental.
Please note that The Summit at Snoqualmie will be limiting presales of online daily tickets.
*Note: If you are not in lessons and are a parent or dropping off a student and need to buy a general pass these Will sell out early, so don’t delay!
We strongly encourage our students to buy a season passes. After signing up for lessons, you will receive an email with information to purchase a season pass which is guaranteed to be available for students through Mid-December. After that, season passes may not be available. This is only available to our Skibacs students. Skibacs has a limited number of passes allocated to our school for our students, so DO NOT DELAY! Deadline to purchase student season pass is Dec. 15th!
Note: Season passes for students maybe available after Dec. 15th, but are not guaranteed.
If you are an IKON pass holder, you must reserve a spot on the mountain for any given day. For more information visit The Summit at Snoqualmie website.
*”Parent & Me” session of for Youth 5 or 6 yrs old who are L1 and L2 skiers. The parent must be prepared to ski with and assist with the hands on learning.
For rentals, there are many rental options around the area. We highly encourage you to purchase a ‘Rental for the Season’ package where you can take your skis home. For more information about the rental packages available at The Summit at Snoqualmie visit their website.
Who is Eligible?
Lessons programs are oriented towards Boeing Skibacs members, their families and guests. Members and immediate family pay member pricing for lessons. Visit our Membership page for more information.
Each active membership account will be able to sponsor (2) guests. If there is a need for additional codes please contact the Skibacs receptionist. Guests and their sponsoring member must generally be on the mountain the same day and time that you are taking lessons. Exceptions for extended family.
Be sure to check availability, not all skill levels (ski/snowboard) are taught on all days.
Refund Policy: If you should need to withdraw from lessons there is a pro-rated refund (less $52 handling fee for a member, or $66 fee if a guest) which may be obtained with written notification, effective as of business day (Monday-Friday) we receive notice.
If we have to cancel..
- From Seattle/Metro Area: Take I-90 East to Exit 53. Follow signs for Summit Central.
- From Cle Elum/Ellensburg/Spokane take I-90 West to Exit 53. Follow signs for Summit Central.
SKIBACS SKI SCHOOL LODGE
- Walk through Summit Central main plaza and head toward Triple 60 Chair.
- We meet for lessons out front of the green building behind Triple 60 Chair.
Summit Central, Snoqualmie Pass, WA 98045
SKIBACS Ski School is a member PSIA/AASI School and is staffed by professional instructors. The school operates at Summit Central, part of The Summit at Snoqualmie ski area, on the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie & Wenatchee National Forest, as a concessionaire under a U.S. Forest Service permit to Ski Lifts, Inc. All programs are governed by SKIBACS. This program provides employment, services and privileges regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age or national origin.